Sunday, October 5, 2008

Finding JOY in the JOURNEY

The headline is a quote from President Monson's talk at conference this weekend. What an amazing spiritual boost conference has been! I love it! I'm grateful for the reminder to "treasure every moment" and to show family and friends more how much they are loved. I've realized this week how fragile life is and how quickly Heavenly Father can bring his children home. Children grow up and leave, friends move away and loved ones pass on.

Eliana's "terrible two's" are coming on a little early. Almost daily she has a melt down that leaves me holding my breath for more patience. Even still, she is the sweetest little girl. I love watching her learn new things. She loves to dance and has now started singing as well. I was shocked when I first heard her sing "Shorty got low low low low low low low low" along to the radio in the car. She has also sung along to other questionably inappropriate music. I didn't ever realize that she was actually picking up on lyrics and now I'm thinking we need to be a lot more careful about what we listen to and watch on tv. If I wouldn't want my one-year old hearing/watching it, I probably shouldn't be watching it either. Thanks, Eliana, for teaching me that.

My little messy-hair angel


These boots remind me of the irrigation boots we'd wear on the farm. Thank goodness Eliana doesn't have to use them for that!

2 comments:

Jacob, Lindsey, Abby & Landon said...

Your little girl is such a cutie! Patience is something I ask for ALOT!!:)~Lindsey

The John Family said...

she is so cute! I miss her!