Friday, February 20, 2009

President's/Valentine's Weekend

Last weekend was an eventful one for our family. Firstly, the Gila Valley Temple Groundbreaking was Saturday (Valentine's). We wouldn't have made the trip just for that but it was also my dad's retirement party that day. The groundbreaking was pretty cool. It was neat being there for that.

Eliana at the groundbreaking site


Painting of the future Gila Valley Temple


My dad worked at the copper mine in Morenci, AZ for 28 years. Between Phelps Dodge and working on the farm, he worked hard to support our family of 10. Although I didn't see him a whole lot, I know that him working so much was his way of showing his family how much he loved us. I'm so grateful for the example he showed me- How to be a hard worker and save every penny! P.D. (or Freeport) had a retirement party for my dad at Brick's Restaurant in Safford.

My dad


Dad showing the grandkids copper

Almost everyone was able to come (2 brothers & Eliana missing)
Eliana's silly face!
We went back up to Mesa Sunday evening and stayed for a birthday party on Monday. It was for Brandon's brother and Grandma.
The Johnson Family
It sure was a lot of fun being with family over the weekend. One of my most favorite things to do is just sit and visit with the people I love most-- FAMILY. I love you guys and feel so fortunate to have such a wonderful family-- both Donaldson and Johnson.

1 comment:

Camille said...

Hello- We don't know eachother but our hubbys are good friends from High School. We found your blog off of Brett and Crystals. Ben will be glad to know that you guys have a blog. Your little girls is ADORABLE!!! We have a son not too much older than her and expecting #2 in two months. Anyways it will be fun to check up and see how your family is going. I grew up in Flagstaff so it is fun to see pics of that. Hope you guys are enjoying it! check out our blog if you want. www.thegardeafamily.blogspot.com