Wednesday, August 26, 2009

A Quick Update

Brandon's final school year at NAU has officially begun! Along with being closer to being done comes his on-the-job clinical practicum which he will have 3 semesters of. This semester he'll be going to a school in Cornville twice a week. Where is that you ask? To be honest, I really have no idea. I only know that it's about an hour or so drive out in the middle of no where. Lucky him.

As for me, I applied for over 30 local jobs here in Flagstaff and only heard back from a small handful of them. That handful was all looking for someone to work either full-time or have more flexible availability. I have neither. So after sitting down to figure out our revised budget which is completely based on Brandon's 10hr/wk job he started for the Institute of Human Development Department at NAU.... I decided to take on babysitting for a friend in the ward. Memories of kids yelling at me and wishing they had a more fun sitter almost made me shy away from this opportunity but I decided to give it a try. So far these kids are great and Eliana LOVES playing with them. It's only for a couple hours 3 days a week so no biggie (but not much mula either). However, I'm grateful that I'm able to spend more time with Eliana. Though Daddy will always be her #1, I think this extra time with her is helping me to keep second place. :-)

And for that necessary "ME" time, I've started taking a Book of Mormon class at the institute. I've been wanting to for years. I've always enjoyed institute and have felt like I've been missing out. Obviously, this isn't for social reasons. No one wants to be friends with an old married woman. I love the diverse insight I get on the scriptures. I love the Spirit I feel and the knowledge and testimony I gain. It's a lot more insightful than personal scripture study. At the same time, it makes me feel like I don't know anything. Seriously, teachers, please don't ever call on me! Hopefully by the end of the semester, I'll be the scriptorian I've always wanted to be.

And as for Eliana.... I post so much about her I doubt there's a need for a refresher. She's an awesome child and I feel so incredibly blessed to have her in my life.

2 comments:

Stacie Robinson said...

That's great that you signed up for institute! That 'me' time is so important.

Anonymous said...

I would be a little nervous in a Bof M class, hoping the teacher didnt call on me as well! Ha Ha! Sounds like you guys are doing good. :)